By Michael Sweeney, C. Tate Baumrucker, James. D. Burton, Ido Dubrawsky
Cisco platforms, Inc. is the global chief in networking for the net, and its Intrusion Detection structures line of goods is making in roads within the IDS industry phase, with significant enhancements having occurred in February of 2003.
A complete, updated consultant to the and software program that include the Cisco IDS. This e-book does greater than convey community engineers find out how to manage and deal with this line of most sensible promoting items ... it walks them step-by-step via the entire pursuits of the Cisco safe Intrusion Detection procedure direction (and corresponding examination) that community engineers needs to move on their approach to reaching sought-after CCSP certification.
* bargains whole assurance of the Cisco safe Intrusion Detection platforms examination (CSIDS 9E0-100) for CCSPs
Read Online or Download Cisco Security Professionals Guide To Secure Intrusion Detection Systems Ebook PDF
Similar networking books
Creation to Networks spouse consultant is the professional supplemental textbook for the creation to Networks path within the Cisco® Networking Academy® CCNA® Routing and Switching curriculum.
The direction introduces the structure, constitution, capabilities, elements, and versions of the net and machine networks. the foundations of IP addressing and basics of Ethernet thoughts, media, and operations are brought to supply a beginning for the curriculum. via the tip of the direction, it is possible for you to to construct basic LANs, practice easy configurations for routers and switches, and enforce IP addressing schemes.
The better half advisor is designed as a conveyable table connection with use each time, anyplace to enhance the fabric from the path and set up it slow.
This e-book introduces a brand new explanatory cross-layer version particularly designed to appreciate all points of advert hoc and sensor networking, from layout via functionality concerns to software necessities. destiny instructions, demanding situations and capability simulation tasks also are mentioned. the themes integrated characterize a good portion of what's occurring in academia and undefined.
The tenth IFIP foreign convention on own instant Communications covers a large spectrum: instant sensors, signalization, site visitors and QoA in instant networks, Ad-Hoc, IEEE 802. eleven, mobile and cellular networks. This quantity deals a wide variety of options to key difficulties in instant networking and explores not easy avenues for commercial study and improvement.
- Wireless Networking Technology
- Mobile VPN: Delivering Advanced Services in Next Generation Wireless Systems
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry N-R
- Cisco - Frontier Global Center
- The Well-Connected Community: A Networking Approach to Community Development, 2nd Edition
- Social Network Analysis: A Handbook
Additional info for Cisco Security Professionals Guide To Secure Intrusion Detection Systems Ebook
6. 6: E-Commerce and VPN/RAS Module IDS So far, you've done a good job of protecting the services in the organization. But what about the security of the users and general network infrastructure? As we discussed earlier, the SAFE architecture doesn't include Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection 45 46 Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection IDS at the distribution and edge networks. So where is a good location to inspect user traffic? Since the ACME Company uses the Cisco 6506 switch platform in the core, you can most likely deploy the Cisco IDSM-2 Module in the 6506 chassis.
Most importantly, you'll need to identify the network routing design and the way in which application traffic traverses the entire network infrastructure. To illustrate this process, we examined two IDS deployments, one small and one large. In both, we saw how different Cisco IDS platforms can be used in appropriate network locations such as at Internet Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection 47 48 Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection connections, and intranet and extranet networks. We also discussed some of the challenges encryption can present to IDS sensors and emphasized the need for IDS at ingress/egress points such as VPN, RAS, and wireless network demarcation points.
IDSM-2 Comparison Functionality Performance 34 IDSM-1 250 Mbps IDSM-2 600 Mbps Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection Chapter 2: Cisco Intrusion Detection 35 SPAN/RSPAN X X VACL Capture X X Shunning X X IEV X X VMS X X IDM X TCP Resets X IP Logging X CLI X Signature Micro Engines X Same Code as Appliances X Fabric Enabled X SNMP Unix Director X CSPM X Event retrieval method PostOffice RDEP Slot Size (form factor) 1 RU 1RU Local Event Store 100,000 Events N/A, retrieved As can be seen, the IDSM-2 module has far greater capabilities.