By Steven S. Zumdahl, Susan A. Zumdahl
CHEMISTRY permits the reader to profit chemistry fundamentals speedy and simply by way of emphasizing a considerate procedure outfitted on challenge fixing. For the 8th version, authors Steven and Susan Zumdahl have prolonged this process through emphasizing problem-solving techniques in the Examples and during the textual content narrative. CHEMISTRY speaks on to the reader approximately tips to process and clear up chemical problems--to learn how to imagine like a chemist--so that they could follow the method of problem-solving to all facets in their lives.
Read Online or Download Chemistry, 8th Edition PDF
Similar general & reference books
This article is meant for undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in chemistry and biochemistry learning amino acids and peptides. The authors be aware of amino acids and peptides with no certain discussions of proteins, whereas giving the entire crucial historical past chemistry, together with series choice, synthesis and spectroscopic equipment.
This ebook more often than not comprises contributions by means of the invited teachers on the seventh foreign convention on Non-Destructive checking out and Micro-Analysis for the Diagnostics and Conservation of the Cultural and Environmental historical past. The individuals have all been selected for his or her person reputations and the standard in their examine, but additionally simply because they signify a box deemed hugely very important.
E-book by way of Bochkov, Aleksei Feodos Evich
- Molecular Structure
- Chemistry in focus : a molecular view of our world
- Total Synthesis of Steroids
- The Hammett Equation
- Concise encyclopedia chemistry
- Modern Supramolecular Gold Chemistry: Gold-Metal Interactions and Applications
Extra info for Chemistry, 8th Edition
4. When rounding, use only the first number to the right of the last significant figure. It is important to note that Rule 1 above usually will not be followed in the Examples in this text because we want to show the correct number of significant figures in each step of a problem. This same practice is followed for the detailed solutions given in the Solutions Guide. However, when you are doing problems, you should carry extra digits throughout a series of calculations and round to the correct number of significant figures only at the end.
Science is not simply a set of facts but also a plan of action—a procedure for processing and understanding certain types of information. Scientific thinking is useful in all aspects of life, but in this text we will use it to understand how the chemical world operates. As we have said in our previous discussion, the process that lies at the center of scientific inquiry is called the scientific method. There are actually many scientific methods, depending on the nature of the specific Copyright 2010 Cengage Learning, Inc.
Exact numbers also can arise from definitions. 54 centimeters. 54 nor the 1 limits the number of significant figures when used in a calculation. Copyright 2010 Cengage Learning, Inc. All Rights Reserved. May not be copied, scanned, or duplicated, in whole or in part. 1. 00 ϫ 102 above is written in exponential notation. This type of notation has at least two advantages: the number of significant figures can be easily indicated, and fewer zeros are needed to write a very large or very small number.