By Boschke F.L.
Content material: Tsigdinos, G. A. Heteropoly compounds of molybdenum and tungsten. -- Tsigdinos, G. A. Inorganic sulfur compounds of molybdenum and tungsten -- their practise, constitution, and houses. -- Moh, G. High-temperature steel sulfide chemistry
Read Online or Download Aspects of Molybdenum and Related Chemistry PDF
Similar general & reference books
This article is meant for undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in chemistry and biochemistry learning amino acids and peptides. The authors pay attention to amino acids and peptides with no specified discussions of proteins, whereas giving the entire crucial history chemistry, together with series choice, synthesis and spectroscopic equipment.
This e-book often comprises contributions by means of the invited academics on the seventh overseas convention on Non-Destructive trying out and Micro-Analysis for the Diagnostics and Conservation of the Cultural and Environmental historical past. The participants have all been selected for his or her person reputations and the standard in their study, but in addition simply because they signify a box deemed hugely vital.
E-book by means of Bochkov, Aleksei Feodos Evich
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry: An Applied Approach
- The Handy Chemistry Answer Book
- Student's Guide to Fundamentals of Chemistry. Brescia, Arents, Meislich, Turk
- The Chemistry of Synthetic Dyes. Reactive Dyes
Additional info for Aspects of Molybdenum and Related Chemistry
20. Cyclic voltammogram of 1 x 10-3 M H3[PMo12040 ] in 1 N H2SO4 (1 : 1 waterdioxane). 1 v/div versus SCE Frequency: 10 Hz Sweep rate: 20 v/sec Few studies have been made of the oxidation-reduction properties ofheteropolymolybdate anions containing transition metals as central atoms. No "heteropoly blue" involving reduced species of these anions is known. Only a brief report has appeared in the literature 166) stating that some of these anions are reduced at the dropping mercury electrode, but no definite conclusions can be drawn from these data.
Phosphorus is determined colorimetrically after formation of 12-molybdophosphate anion or molybdovanadophosphate 247), and arsenic is determined similarly as the tungstovanadoarsenic acid247). Trace amounts of colloidal platinum can be determined by its catalytic action on the reduction of 12-molybdophosphoric acid by formic acid to form molybdenum blue 248). Colorimetric determinations employing 12-molybdophosphoric acid include determination of catechol and its methylhomologue249), penicillin in procaine penicillin G 2s~ and the determination of dihydroxypropyl-theophylline by means of 12-molybdophosphoric acid 2sl).
9-Heteropoly Anions [X+nMogOaz]-00-n) Central Atom: Mn +4, Ni +4 Structure The 9-heteropolymolybdates are built around a central XO6 octahedron, as shown in Fig. 151381 Piezoelectric studies and the X-ray determination show that the Fig. 15. Strueture of the asymmetric anion [MnMogO321-6. Left: Exploded view showing manganese atom (black circle) and molybdenum atoms (open circles). Right: View of complete ion [MnM09032] -6 anion is asymmetric. Magnetic and susceptibility studies confirm the oxidation states of the central atoms.