By Kieth A. Carlson
An creation to statistical data: An lively studying technique, Second Edition by Kieth A. Carlson and Jennifer R. Winquist takes a special, lively method of educating and studying introductory facts that enables scholars to find and proper their misunderstandings as chapters development instead of at their end. Empirically-developed, self-correcting actions strengthen and extend on primary ideas, concentrating on and retaining scholars’ recognition. in response to modern reminiscence examine, this learner-centered strategy results in larger long term retention via lively engagement while generating factors. besides conscientiously put studying questions, this version contains studying goals, practical examine eventualities, perform difficulties, self-test questions, challenge units, and perform exams to assist scholars develop into extra convinced of their skill to accomplish statistics.
Read or Download An Introduction to Statistics: An Active Learning Approach PDF
Best probability & statistics books
This publication offers with the equipment and useful makes use of of regression and issue research. An exposition is given of normal, generalized, - and three-stage estimates for regression research, the strategy of important parts being utilized for issue research. while setting up an econometric version, the 2 methods of research supplement one another.
Compliment for the second one variation "An crucial computing device reference e-book . . . it's going to certainly be in your bookshelf. "—Technometrics A completely up-to-date booklet, equipment and functions of Linear versions: Regression and the research of Variance, 3rd variation good points cutting edge methods to realizing and dealing with types and idea of linear regression.
Be aware: you're procuring a standalone product; MyStatLab does now not come packaged with this content material. if you'd like to buy either the actual textual content and MyStatLab look for: 0133956490 / 9780133956498 Stats: facts and versions Plus NEW MyStatLab with Pearson eText -- entry Card package deal package deal is composed of: 0321847997 / 9780321847997 My StatLab Glue-in entry Card 032184839X / 9780321848390 MyStatLab within decal for Glue-In programs 0321986490 / 9780321986498 Stats: info and types MyStatLab should still basically be bought while required by means of an teacher.
- Generalized Linear Models with Random Effects: Unified Analysis via H-likelihood
- Bayesian methods for repeated measures
- Mathematical Statistics
- Statistical Analysis of Management Data
- Non-uniform random variate generation
- Multivariate observations
Additional resources for An Introduction to Statistics: An Active Learning Approach
01) Appendix D The Studentized Range Statistic (q) Table Appendix E One-Tailed Pearson’s Correlation Table Two-Tailed Pearson’s Correlation Table Appendix F Spearman’s Correlation Table Appendix G Fisher r to z Table Appendix H Critical Values for Chi-Square Appendix I Computing SSs for Factorial ANOVA Appendix J Choosing Correct Test Statistics Index Preface The Story of This Text Several years ago, we attended a teaching workshop in which the speaker described a common experience in college classrooms and the pedagogical problems it frequently creates.
Solve the following equation for X: X = ( 3 − 1 ) 4 2 + ( 5 − 1 ) 3 2 ( 3 − 1 ) + ( 5 − 1 ) . 25 You will be using a calculator to perform computations in this course. You should be aware that order of operations is very important when using your calculator. Unless you are very comfortable with the parentheses buttons on your calculator, we recommend that you do one step at a time rather than trying to enter the entire equation into your calculator. Order of operations is only important when doing computations by hand, not when using your calculator.