By G. C. Barrett
This article is meant for undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in chemistry and biochemistry learning amino acids and peptides. The authors be aware of amino acids and peptides with no designated discussions of proteins, whereas giving all of the crucial history chemistry, together with series decision, synthesis and spectroscopic tools. The technique is meant to motivate the reader to move classical barriers whereas gaining an figuring out of protein habit on a molecular point. The booklet comprises chapters at the organic roles of amino acids, in addition to a piece on enzyme-catalyzed synthesis of peptides, with appropriate examples, a space frequently overlooked in texts describing peptide synthesis. this contemporary textual content could be of price within the amino acid, peptide and protein box, to complicated undergraduates, graduate scholars and learn staff.
Read Online or Download Amino Acids and Peptides (1998) PDF
Similar general & reference books
This article is meant for undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in chemistry and biochemistry learning amino acids and peptides. The authors pay attention to amino acids and peptides with no distinctive discussions of proteins, whereas giving the entire crucial history chemistry, together with series choice, synthesis and spectroscopic equipment.
This publication commonly includes contributions by means of the invited academics on the seventh foreign convention on Non-Destructive trying out and Micro-Analysis for the Diagnostics and Conservation of the Cultural and Environmental historical past. The members have all been selected for his or her person reputations and the standard in their study, but additionally simply because they signify a box deemed hugely very important.
E-book through Bochkov, Aleksei Feodos Evich
- Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: The Pyrimidines, Volume 16
- The Chemistry of Photography
- Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: Six Membered Heterocyclic Nitrogen Compounds with Three Condensed Rings, Volume 12
- Compendium of Organic Synthetic Methods, Volume 9
- Handbook of Solid Phase Microextraction
Extra resources for Amino Acids and Peptides (1998)
Unkefer, C. , Vavrek, V. J. and Stewart, J. M. (1987) Int. J. Pept. , 29, 486. Chou, P. Y. and Fasman, G. D. (1974) Biochemistry, 13, 222. Fasman, G. D. (1985) J. , 8, 15. Fasman, G. D. (1989) Prediction of Protein Structures and the Principles of Protein Conformation, Plenum, New York. Fasman, G. D. ) (1996) Circular Dichroism in Conformational Analysis of Biomolecules, Plenum, New York. Hermkens, P. H. , van Dinther, T. , Joukema, C. , Wagenaars, G. N. and Ottenheijm, H. C. , 35, 9271. , Buttkus, U.
6) for a simple aliphatic primary amine. The large diﬀerence results from the powerful electron-attracting eﬀect of the —COOR group. The —COOϪ group in the dipolar ion of an amino acid cannot have such a large eﬀect since it already has a negative charge. 7. In other words, the —NHϩ3 group in an ␣-amino group is about eight times stronger as an acid than is the —NHϩ3 group in a salt of an aliphatic primary amine. 9) than is that in an ␣-amino acid. Likewise, the terminal ␣-carboxy group in a peptide or protein is also inﬂuenced by the proximal peptide bond, but less so than it is by the —NHϩ3 group in an ␣-amino acid.
Information on conformation (based on the sign and speciﬁc details of an overall CD spectrum for a compound of known absolute conﬁguration) can be obtained for amino acids and peptides. 7) illustrates a simple example of this type of result. 5).